Best Canadian Online Casinos
Being a Canadian online casino player has some benefits. Although there are not too many casinos based in Canada (due to strict laws), you can freely play at any online casino based anywhere in the world. But for those new online casinos, what marks a good casino from a bad one and what games can you play? Let’s find out…
Not all casinos are created equal. Some will have far better bonuses and promotions than others. But just what kind of bonuses can you expect at Canadian online casinos:
- Welcome Bonuses – This is the bonus you will get when you first sign up to a casino. This can come in a number of forms, but usually involves matching a percentage of your first deposit. For example, if a casino offers a 100%matched bonus up to $100 dollars and you deposit this much in your casino account, they will give you an additional $100 to play with.
- Free spins – With this offer a casino gives you a set number of free spins, usually on a specific slot game. This kind of offer can come as part of a welcome bonus or as a standalone promotion.
- Cashback – Some casinos offer you a fixed percentage of cashback on lost bets. This could be a special feature of the casino or as part of a promotion.
- No deposit bonus – With this bonus, you receive a fixed amount of money to your account without having to invest a cent.
Important: All of these bonuses come with a wagering requirement. This is the number of times you have to bet this bonus money before you can withdraw it. This is usually somewhere between 20x and 50x.
Here is a quick roundup of the kinds of games you will find at Canadian online casinos:
- Slots –You have probably seen the classic casino fruit machine in movies and on TV. Fruit machines are just one type of slot. Whatever it is you love, from the music of Jimi Hendrix to anime sushi, there is a slot for you.
- Table Games – Going back to movies, you have almost certainly seen people playing poker, blackjack, and roulette. These are just a few of the table games you can play against a computer or a live dealer.
- Lotteries – These work in exactly the same way as national and state lotteries, simply choose your numbers and cross your fingers.
- Sports betting – You can bet on upcoming and live sports matches, including e-sports.
This is just a small selection of the different games on offer. All casinos will have their own selection. At most casinos, you can try many of the games for free. Take advantage of this if you are not sure what you want to play, or if you are looking for something new.
Depositing and withdrawing money from a Canadian online casino is simple and easy. Here is a short list of some of the most popular payment method:
- Credit and debit cards
- Bank transfer
- Cryptocurrencies (such as bitcoin)
Although it is important to choose a casino that accepts the payment method you prefer. It is also crucial to check their minimum and maximum deposit and withdrawal limits to make sure they are suitable for you. Also, check how long a withdrawal takes too and if they charge a withdrawal fee.
Choosing a Safe and Trustworthy Casino
Because of the strict laws in Canada, you will probably find yourself looking at casinos outside Canada. The best advice we can give if you is to choose a European casino because these are the most trustworthy and regulated. Especially look out for those regulated by the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority because these are the hardest licenses to get.